1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush Limbaugh profile in NYT magazine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

TS, I agree. The article was interesting and informative. As I pointed out earlier, he deserves every cent of that mongo contract. He provides a service that is in demand and is compensated accordingly. Believe it or not, this is one Democrat who gets capitalism, flaws and all.

And I've met Rush. He couldn't have been nicer.

That said, I detest the man and everything he stands for. He spouts the ideals of a hypocritical bully -- two traits I personally loathe among all others. If he had to defend those ideas in a debate with, say, Keith Olbermann just to pick someone off the top of my head, he'd get his ample ass handed to him.

2. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Oh, I don't know. I know you're picking someone off the top of your head and all. I always wondered what it would've been like to see him and Molly Ivins at a table.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Maybe the ... what was it? ... $400M contract to do his show?

4. I wish Rush was around in my day.

We could have saved the millions we funneled through the slush fund to fund the dirty tricks by just writing Rush's script for him.

The silent majority eats that shit up.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I would pay to see that -- either on PPV TV or live.

Thanks for checking in, Tricky Dick.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Molly Ivins would have eaten him alive. Men against boys, figuratively speaking.

I'd have paid good money to watch that.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Limbaugh can't handle a non-screened live audience. Molly would have destroyed and humiliated him.

Draft saved Draft deleted