1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush Limbaugh: Adonis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by terrier, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh good, another Rush Limbaugh thread.

Did Sarah Palin say anything today? Maybe someone can start a thread about her too.

2. YankeeFan

Besides, Michelle's not fat, she's just big boned.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Since when is the First Lady "the government?"

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Thankfully, your contribution has pulled an otherwise fledgling and unnecessary thread into the realm of respectability. Yay, YankeeFan!!

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sez you.

6. YankeeFan

I have no real interest in joining the argument here, but while the first lady has no formal governmental role, she surely has a platform and role that influences public policy.

She also has a government staff to help her do it. She has a chief of staff, scheduler, events person, speech writer, etc.

The White House chef, who was previously their personal chef, also holds a "assistant to the President" title. She works with him on the White House garden -- which has been promoted vigorously including on shows like the Food Network's Iron Chef (for which they actually used "stunt vegetable").

She and the chef have been involved in school lunch programs and other initiatives.

Her "lets move" or whatever her physical fitness initiative is called has government money and employees promoting it.

So, I think it's pretty fair to include the First Lady as a member of the Government in a discussion like this.

At the very lest, she's no ordinary private citizen.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Understood.

I'm referring to the posters on this thread who seem to think Mrs. Obama's recommendations to eat better carry the force of law.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What worries me are the government's nutrition death panels.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Every time I see Limbaugh's name I think of Bill Hicks' take on him.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That's nice.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think the formal name on the Bennigan's amendment was 'death by chocolate panels.'

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It is. Puts one helluva smile on my face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.