1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rupert's Sunday Times suing Lance Armstrong over libel verdict

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, Dec 23, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...wouldn't be surprised to see the Times win -- and other courtroom victims of Armstrong follow suit.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/the-sunday-times-announces-its-suing-lance-armstrong

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I wonder if Sally Jenkins has found any anger toward the Times? Since she hasn't profited from writing books with them, I'm guessing she has found some.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Meanwhile David Walsh won journalist of the year from the Suck It Bitches, er, British Journalism Awards.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/dec/05/david-walsh-british-journalist-awards

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Related: "Photoplay" to sue Liberace.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This lawsuit is a beautiful thing. Lance Armstrong smeared, sued, bullied and pissed on everyone who told what they knew about him, for how many years? There isn't enough grief he can possibly suffer to make up for it. He used the legal system in such a blatantly dishonest way. He should have to pay it back and then some, on top of his reputation taking the beating it deserves.

6. TigerVols

Still rising as it cleared the fence

7. TigerVols

Amen. I am of the opinion that his blatantly dishonest use of the legal system was downright criminal; I hope an aggressive, young DA somewhere agrees with me.

8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

When TigerVols sides with Rupert Murdoch against someone, you know this is some serious stuff.

9. TigerVols

Ha, you'd be surprised how often I side with Rupert...I'm a cheap date.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Made my day, and it's been a pretty good day.

Draft saved Draft deleted