1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running World Series thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Oct 20, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Joe, I think we all overestimated the power of Anna Benson. ;)

You were right on the mark. Pujols (if he hasn't already) cements his spot in Cooperstown if he wills this crappy 83-win team to a Series title.

If it even marginally matches up to the last two Tigers-Cards series, then I'll be delighted. Always love a classic.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

For a running thread, this WS won't feature much running. Tigers stole just 60 bases all year, Cardinals 59. Carlos Guillen w/20 and So Taguchi w/11 are the only double-digit guys.

Only five teams stole less bases than either of these two.

3. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

The Tigers have a low on-base percentage offense built around hitting lots of home runs. Those kinds of teams are streaky. Maybe the Tigers ride this hot streak all the way to the title. Or maybe they go cold.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I could see this being a great Series. You can't go wrong with La Russa and Leyland in the dugout. Love the Cardinals, have all my life, but Tigers in 6.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Cardinals in 7

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

jag, again, with the truth.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

To me... one of the best things about this series is that the uniforms for the games in Detroit will be virtually identical to the unis in that photo.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been wrong about everything except the ONE THING THAT'S IMPORTANT!!!! So I'm sure I'll be wrong when saying Tigers in 7.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yee-Haw! Suck it AL Central defenders!

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the AL East or West are anywhere to be seen in this World Series.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You are not wrong at all, but as an AL East fan it is OK for me to root against the Tigers, correct?

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sure. After all, the rest of America hates your team.

Draft saved Draft deleted