1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running World Series of Poker Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Joel_Goodsen, May 31, 2007.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When you say "portions" is there a place it's been excerpted? If so, is it online somewhere?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

No, I was just going through it at the bookstore the last couple of days. I wanted to read about his wins in 80 and 81 and some of his demons. So I did.

3. old_tony

OK, thanks. I may have to go and buy the book. I hope it's better than just the reading version of "High Roller: The Stu Unger Story" which was a pretty good flick.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Much better, from what I read.

5. old_tony

You sure you couldn't have gotten back to me more quickly with that answer? Christ it was all of 90 seconds!!! I expect better next time. :D

6. Joel_Goodsen

Joel_Goodsen Member

I think there has been ten or eleven bracelets handed out so far and I don't think I've ever heard of any of the winners. However, there have been some very interesting final tables thus far with some big names coming up short.

Josh Arieh and Mimi Tran are at the final table in the seven card stud event.

There is a pot-limit hold-em event with Lisandro, Jesus Ferguson and Humberto Brenes at the final table going on right now.

And Ivey finished second in the world championship seven card stud.

So far not much interesting stuff going on. Anybody that is out there playing having any success?

7. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Chris Reslock beat Ivey in the stud event. Reslock won an ESPN-televised WSOP circuit in Atlantic City last year, so he's fairly well known.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Pot Limit Hold 'Em World Championship is down to 14, with Jeff Lisandro, Allen Cunningham, Gavin Griffin and Chris Ferguson all in contention for the final table.

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Phil Hellmuth alert!!!!!!!!!!!

He's at the Final Table of the $1,500 NLHE event and is No. 2 in chips.

I'm very tempted to buy the live steaming video on worldseriesof poker.com. Phil is usually worth the $45.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

While Phil's going for 11, Allen Cunningham won his fifth bracelet last night, joining, amongst others, Phil Ivey, Chris Ferguson and Ted Forrest.

11. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Cunningham is so goddamn good ... he'll probably win another.

Leave tomorrow for Vegas ... plan on playing one of the Binion Open events and, hopefully, one of the Deep Stack II events at the V.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And with a string of strong play, Hellmuth has over half the chips in play with four players left in the NL final table. He has 4.5 mil, two others have 1.5, one other less than 1.

Draft saved Draft deleted