1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running wisdom tooth extraction thread.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Apr 3, 2008.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Day 2. Minor soreness managed with advile. Pondering the Brooklyn Bridge approach on the meds. Vis a vis AgatePage's story ... I got home yesterday and thought, maybe I'll catch a pay per view flick. One of my choices: Awake. I was like, "oh, hell no..."

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Not tooth extraction, but gum surgery. Needed to have my gums cut down because they were too swollen around some teeth creating deep pockets.
    Despite the numbing gel and massaging my gum/cheek, the novacaine shot still hurt like hell ("you might feel a slight pinch" my ass... then again I am a wimp when it comes to needles). However no pain after that. After the surgery (upper left and lower left side of my mouth, inner and outer gums) I iced that side 20 minutes, on 20 minutes off for 3-4 hours, plus three Advil before the novacaine wore off and there was minimal pain/discomfort. Didn't need to dip into the script for generic Vicodin (which was actually part narcotic/part acetominophen). Before I realized it was the generic, I joked with my wife "do you know what the street value of this is if I don't use it?"

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Nono removigato my Mr. Impactos.

Draft saved Draft deleted