1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Wilde

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Lots of folks from Arrested Development involved in this one, which made me want to watch the pilot. Pretty good start, a couple of funny moments, especially when the narrator (Puddle) noted that Steve thought he had made a huge mistake, a Gob Bluth classic.

This has some promise, I think. Anybody else watching?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I watched the first 15 minutes, then Mrs. Abbott wrestled the remote from my clenched grasp to watch the local weather satellite channel for 15 minutes.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I watched. It was funnier than I thought it would be, but I wish they'd just go ahead and rename Arnett's character Gob and get on with it.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Gob is perhaps my favorite TV character ever. This is close enough to make me happy, though Keri Russell in that role doesn't do much for me (though she looks lovely in this month's Esquire).

I hope this show gets a chance to develop because I think it could be quite good, but I doubt it will survive.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Will watch it tonight. Looking forward to it.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I recorded the hi def version and about 15 minutes in it started freezing up and getting all kooky.
    When I tried to fast forward through the commercials, it would jump to the end or the beginning of the show.
    And this is Comcast, not a dish.
    Maybe it is part of Comcast's change to xfinity, regardless, I didn't see the entire episode but what I saw was funny, if very Arrested Development-y.

Draft saved Draft deleted