1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Why Was That Locked Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

For the curious among us.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

You're kidding, right?

3. Mr. Sunshine

The DW performance art? That never lasts.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Huge news story that continues to develop. Guess I can follow related debate elsewhere. But not Elsewhere.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Unreal.
    It's like when a small child sticks his hand into a monkey cage, the monkey comes up, rips his hand from his limb, and everyone gets mad at the monkey.
    I went back and read most of the Orlando thread, and some of the stuff that was said on there.......well, some of you have some issues that may need addressed at some point.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Yeah, yeah, "issues" is your thing. This isn't a sandbox. So people disagree and occasionally act like assholes. Big fucking deal. There was plenty of valuable, interesting and entertaining stuff said. It's ridiculous that we knee-jerk to the lowest common denominator.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Disagreements are fine. Heated discussion is fine. Fuck you you fucking fuck is not. Not a knee jerk, though I'm sure you'll see every decision you don't like as a knee jerk. I'm sure you'll find a place where the intelligence of the discourse matches yours and you won't be so frustrated by us "knee jerkers." Also, Chef is right. Quite right, and he didn't see everything that was said on that thread.

Also, is it irony that a thread on locked threads is locked? I'm not smart enough to figure that out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.