1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running White House Correspondents' Dinner Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Apr 28, 2012.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of Kimmel's underrated lines - "We used to march, now we occupy."

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I remember that and I agree, you get what you pay for. How anybody couldn't have seen that coming with Imus is beyond me. That's what I never understood about the Colbert outrage -- had none of the people who booked him ever seen his show?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Also...

"There's a term for people like President Obama, probably not two terms..."

Imus was the classic example of "Who did you think was going to show up?" and I felt the same way when republicans were mad about what Colbert did. It was like, "You do know what his whole act is?" I didn't fault Imus for doing what he did and I didn't fault Colbert for doing what he did because they did what they're best known for.

I'd love to see them ask someone like Chris Rock to do it, but they're smart to go with guys who can't do anything too offensive because they have to go back to their late night gigs.

I remember Leno being dreadful a couple years ago.

4. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I suspect you will see Chris Rock doing this gig about two weeks after you see the first concert in the Beatles' Reunion Tour...

Draft saved Draft deleted