1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

1. the wireless guitar hero guitar is awesome (make sure you get the red octane one, not one of the knockoffs. i've read bad reviews of those. my red octane one is great so far). love me some guitar hero (sonicdeathmonkey rules, by the way). and guitar hero 2 even has a a dethklok song!

2. the wii isn't being recalled. the strap on the wiimote is. quite the exaggeration to say the wii is being recalled, when the 5 cent strap is the part that is being recalled.

3. i'm gonna be getting me a wii when i can. may get a 360 once the price goes down next year (you know it will soon, once the ps3 becomes available)

4. noticed on my local craigslist that ps3 was pretty available for not much of a markup. same couldn't be said for wii. thought it was interesting.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

which psp games? i have a psp and hardly use it. i prefer my ex's ds

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

While visiting in-laws for Christmas, I found myself in a Wal-Mart (not a SuperCenter) in a small (less than 2,000 people) farming town. Right by the cash registers, they had PS3s and Wiis stacked up on a table labelled "Last Minute Gift Ideas." I counted 11 PS3s and 7 Wiis.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

My son has already run the table on Easy. Do you have to unlock YYZ and Sweet Child of Mine? We didn't see them.

5. Been playing Lego Star Wars II (360) with my 4-year-old daughter. She's actually pretty good.

6. Simon

Simon Active Member

Got NHL 07 for xmas...How do I make this more difficult? I'm winning 6-1, 7-0, 5-1,5-2...in my dynasty. The new controls are awesome. Don't think they made my game that good.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Bump it up a bit, Simon.

I kinda had the same problem you're having. On the second to highest level (forget what it's called), I was beating teams like you were. But if you bump to the highest setting, it's extremely hard to score goals.

So a happy medium is to adjust the sliders some (puck friction, etc, etc). Forget where they are at right now. Haven't played it in a month or so.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Bite your tongue! My wife's family has a working Nintendo, and through amazon I got Zelda I and II and Metroid. Good times all around.

For about two weeks.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I have an NES along with an SNES and lately I've been playing those two more than my xbox. Super Bases Loaded III followd by NBA Jam and Mario Kart...ohhh yeah. Turtles in Time for the SNES might be the best game ever. Ah the PSP, such promise in the beginning but the DS is far superior in terms of games, gameplay...

10. NBA Jam? Greatest sports game ever? Maybe. For those who have 360, I would love to see this game on Xbox Live Arcade.

11. Kable

Kable Member

My Current Rotation:

Madden NFL 07
    NBA 2K7
    College Hoops 2K7

(All on PS2)

I want Guitar Hero II as well, but I want an XBox 360 first.

12. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

*raises hand* I love my PSP. I have a 4 gig stick, and have about 800 mp3s, Coming To America (movie), a couple of Simpsons episodes and Tiger Woods 07 (which is addictive).

So glad I have it. In terms of versatility it blows away the iPod or any other video game portable.

Draft saved Draft deleted