1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm 44 years old and video games are still the absolute best way I unwind.

I love open worlds a ton, but they take me so long, especially adult ones with kids in the house. I 100 percented GTAV and it took me 10 months of a few hours here, a few hours there, but I freaking did it and have no regrets! BOTW I did not 100 percent but it is stupid what it asks for to do so. I did all the shrines and main quests and it took me three months. I got the DLC and did that pretty fast.

Had a friend who bragged about getting through Red Dead II in like two days. I love how big it is and how beautiful it is but eventually gave up on doing anything more than main story because of it.

I have long realized I'm never getting to my backlog and definitely have moments where I just don't go any further in fun games.

There is a reason a lot of times I get distracted by Rocket League or Tetris 99 type games. I can play a few rounds, get that unwinding I need and call it good. It all works. To each their own.

Even old and with no time I still love it.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm actually coming around on Elden Ring.

If you decide to tackle it, this site really helps with guiding you. The game itself doesn't give you great cues on where you should be going and what you should be doing early in the game. That's a flaw, for sure.

Game Progress Route | Elden Ring Wiki

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

If your kids like video games and you're looking for something age appropriate for multiple players, the Lego games are excellent. Both the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings games have a bit of open-world to them - you do various quests that correspond to the movie plots, as well as other side quests within Hogwarts/Middle Earth.

They're releasing the Skywalker Saga in April (after what feels like 5 delays in production) for all 9 Star Wars movies.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted