1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Stellaris is in my Steam queue - I should bump it up. I just finished with Rise of Industry, which is a builder game - you make supply chains of industries, make money, build factories. Nice, rewarding feedback loop.

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I have the third game and have been meaning to continue it. Not sure why I stopped.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I've modded my game. There are some great quality of life mods, as well as some to just make my game look prettier that I use. My fav mods are Self Service (letting you buy from the shops, even if they aren't at the desk - looking at YOU MARNIE), Better Ranching (which lets you know which animals need to be pet and tended to) and Gift Taste Helper (you hover over someone's token in the calendar and it'll tell you what they want so you can gift them better gifts.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

EU4 was actually my intro to Paradox's grand strategy lineup. I got into it through watching streamers (especially Florryworry) but never really had time to sit with it long enough. It's daunting when you hear people who love the game say anyone who has less than 1,000 hours in it is still a n00b. I'm sure I'll take another crack at it at some point as I enjoy the time period and the historical sandbox. CK2 is a bit too early for me, and I haven't seen much of Vicky 2.

5. Severian

I highly recommend watching play-through videos of CK2 and Vicky 2. Those were
    super helpful when I learned the game. After a couple rounds in both games, I
    got the hang of it. If you're into GOT, CK2 has a great mod that sets the entire
    game, including the map, in Westeros.

6. sgreenwell

By the way, if there are any Final Fantasy Tactics fans in here - Been playing Fell Seal on Steam, and it is very much the same entertaining gameplay loop. I'm only a few hours in, so I can't comment on whether the plot / story is as good, but the tactical based gameplay is as good.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

They just dropped a trailer for the new Batman game. They're going to use the Court of Owls as the bad guys. Interesting choice.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching High Score on Netflix? It's a solid documentary about the origins of video games, narrated by the person who has been the voice of Mario since the N64.

10. Severian

Jesus. What??

11. sgreenwell

Charles Martinet.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Picked up PGA Tour 2K21, and it's excellent so far. I like the swing mechanics so much better than the Rory game. Certainly the most fun I've had playing since the Tiger Woods games that featured Augusta. I haven't gotten into the course creator mechanic yet, just trying to guide my dude through the Korn Ferry Tour now.

Draft saved Draft deleted