1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

God, I miss NFL Blitz.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

For the first time in a very, very long time I picked up Battlefield over CoD. BF1 is an absolute blast. Anyone else on it?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

RickStain and sgreenwell like this.
  4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Nintendo Switch is out this weekend. I'm hopeful, but I'm going to wait and see what happens.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Haven't bought a FIFA game since I picked up a used copy of FIFA 15 for the PS3 some time back.

I think I'll take the plunge on FIFA 18 for the PS4 today. Heard nothing but awesome things about it. Haven't bought a new game since last December, so I'm looking for something to mess around with.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

So many games coming out that I need to get.

WWE2k18, LOTR: Shadow of War, Battlefront II, God of War 4 and the list goes on. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

FIFA is as fun as I remember it, and the graphics are just stunning. I've decided to start as a manager with Brentford to try to get them elevated to the Premier League.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

That Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer ...

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Re: FIFA. In the past, they've put out a standalone World Cup game. From what I've read, this year they'll be releasing it as add-on content for FIFA 18, which makes me happy. Seems ridiculous to have to buy another soccer game just to get the real World Cup experience.

10. Huge fan of Assassina's Creed games. Loved the first 2. Black Flag and the next one, not so much.
    Got Origins for Christmas. Awesome! Just awesome!

Loved the God Of War games when they came out. Not too fired up about the new release, though.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Played the first two God of War games on the PS2. Loved the first one. I enjoyed the "escape room" mentality of the puzzles in the first one, where everything you needed to solve it was in the room/area with you and there were no enemies so you could take your time figuring out what to do. There were a couple I remember sitting there for an hour experimenting with different items and then having the rewarding "Ah-HA!" moment when it all clicked.
    IIRC, the second one was more of an action game and wasn't quite as fun as the first.

I bought a PS4 at Christmas and have played nothing but Friday the 13th ever since. That's an insanely fun game if you get a lot of people with mics who talk and coordinate with each other. I've joined a ton of quick play lobbies with people I've never met before, and within a few minutes it's like a bunch of old college buddies talking shit to each other and working together to win the game.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Bump! Fallout 76 is out next week, so if anyone is on PS4 and wants to explorrreee the hills of West Virginia with me, my PSN ID is boring - SGreenwell. I've played about 10 to 15 hours of the beta, and it's fun, if not quite as good as FO3, NV and FO4. Lots of potential, if they keep the game patched and populated with events, but as is I'd give it a B+ as compared to past efforts.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted