1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Nintendo has announced it will release a Mini-NES with 30 games installed. It's a good list and a good deal for some outstanding classic games, but it's just an emulator. No online capability, and they won't be releasing any more games for it because it's not designed for that.
    I'd be intrigued if I hadn't already bought most of the good games already on the Wii's Virtual Console.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces-the-mini-nes-will-play-30-classic-g-1783660997

And here's the full list:

• Balloon Fight
    • BUBBLE BOBBLE
    • Castlevania
    • Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
    • Donkey Kong
    • Donkey Kong Jr.
    • DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
    • Dr. Mario
    • Excitebike
    • FINAL FANTASY®
    • Galaga
    • GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
    • GRADIUS
    • Ice Climber
    • Kid Icarus
    • Kirby’s Adventure
    • Mario Bros.
    • MEGA MAN® 2
    • Metroid
    • NINJA GAIDEN
    • PAC-MAN
    • Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
    • StarTropics
    • SUPER C
    • Super Mario Bros.
    • Super Mario Bros. 2
    • Super Mario Bros. 3
    • TECMO BOWL
    • The Legend of Zelda
    • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

4. amraeder

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It feels like they're always pushing the envelope to do new stuff of questionable value, as opposed to just doing something simpler so much better. Like it's annoying to me that Head Coach was so broken and not just an option in regular Madden games, being a guy who loves simulation games.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I took a year off from Madden with NHL and didn't miss it. Though, I might get it. But, I have to send my xbox one in for a replacement since it shit the bed the other day. aThough I may go with NBA 2K instead

7. amraeder

Yeah, reading through the message board link right above your post, seems like there's some AI issues with franchise, too. Which is super annoying. But, damn, if they can't even get what is and isn't a touchdown right, what's the point?
    Haven't moved to next gen yet. Was thinking about doing it so a friend and I could play madden online together. But now it doesn't seem like a good idea.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Played a Madden 16 the other day, and won a close game in which the computer punted on fourth-and-10 from my 26. Here's to CPU brain farts.

9. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

While messing around on the PS4, downloading some Arkham Knight DLC, I wander into the Madden live streams. I haven't bought a football game since the NCAA series ended. Might pick up Madden even though I don't follow the pros.

I'm a little bummed that the remakes of Arkham 1 and 2 were delayed six months, but screen caps that got leaked showed that the graphics upgrade was awful. I would rather wait and have it done well.

I also need my Lego fix. Think I'll get Batman 3 and wait for an untimate release of Force Awakens so I don't fart around with DLC all year.

I finished Until Dawn and loved it. I saved two of the hot girls and none of the guys. So I got three-quarters of the characters killed. I'll give it a break for a few months and replay to see a different outcome.

I hope that the Friday the 13th game is similar to this in gameplay. Play as teen camp counselors to escape Jason at Camp Blood Crystal Lake or play as Jason to murder those promiscuous kids.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  10. amraeder

Replaying Dragon Age:Origins. Only played through once. Got to final boss, was horribly under-leveled, rage-quit and didn't go back to it. So...enjoying jumping back into it. Not a game that seems easy to grind levels on, so still not sure how I'm going to avoid my previous problem.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I haven't played any version with regularity in 15+ years. Bought a Playstation 4 last month and am now 3-0 with the Browns in Madden '17. That's a huge glitch.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Last Madden game I bought was Madden 25, I think. I found they spent so much effort trying to make it look real, that I felt like I had very little control of my players on the field. They kind of just went where they were supposed to go based on the play I called and, if it worked, then I got to control my player in the open field. Major disappointment and haven't picked it up since.

Draft saved Draft deleted