1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

heh, Yeah. I'm somewhat obsessive about the game, and that's one of the first things I read when diving deeper. So, as a result he's been my companion pretty much the whole game. Cait also has a character arc, as does Piper; not sure about some of the others. Obviously, the rowebuts less so.

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I've had a PS4 since July (the wife made good on birthdy no. 34), but only had Arkham Knight until getting some games at Christmas. I got WWE 2K16, Until Dawn, and we both have Disney Infinity. She has Disney characters and I have Star Wars sets. Multiple villains say "CURSES!" because you can't say "FUCK!" in a kids' game.

But aren't adult games fun? I love Until Dawn. Getting my horny young adults to live through the story is merely the means to get them some hot pixel action before being grusomely dismembered. I won't let that cute nerd couple die as virgins! I'm getting them together before they die!

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Grabbed the new Rainbow Six a few days ago and at first I wasn't too excited on it. However, now I am loving it. I was a huge fan of Rainbow Six Three for the original xbox, so I thought I'd give this a try. I just wish there was a mode for straight up team deathmatch. Love the strategy and slower pace.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I've wondered about that game. Not much hype, but it looks good.

5. sostartled

sostartled Member

The trailers were awesome, but I've never been good at those types of games. Sneaking around, directing people where to go, etc. I'm a Battlefield guy.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

There's no single player, just multi. You have a team of five, each with their own character and gadgets. No directing. Just slow paced and out smarting the opponent. Pretty fun.

7. sostartled

sostartled Member

Is that right? I haven't done a ton of research, obviously. That's pretty sweet. I suck too much to be responsible for other people :)

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Should I get hy hopes up?

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They do something like that every year, IIRC, so I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Finally fired up Fallout 4 tonight. Between the update, installation, SPECIAL tutorial and "escape" from the vault, it took a damned hour before I got to experience any real gameplay. I absolutely hate that about some of these games.

Once I got out, the game is interesting so far, but I haven't done much yet.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Sadly probably no reason to get our hopes up, am.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That's basically what happens with every game on next gen consoles. Takes an hour to actually install the game before you can go. Had the same thing happen with NHL 16 and NBA2K16.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted