1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I'm so torn. I would like a PS4, becuase if I'm gonna shell out money ... Then again, I really, really loved that Ghostbusters game from a few years back. Ugh, decisions.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Last of Us is really a freaking sweet game. Very well done. I'm currently playing Dying Light, an open-world game set in a zombie wasteland in which your character scavenges for food, weapons, medicine etc. You can accept side missions and create safe zones. The parkour-based interface is really cool, with your character learning new moves and becoming more agile the more experience you gain. I haven't had much time to play it, so I'm not too far into it yet, but so far it's pretty good.

I'm really looking forward to the new Battlefield, though.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Told you WWE2k15 was much better than the PS3 version :)

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I knew it was, just for the career mode alone. PS3 version didn't include that. And the PS4 version of NBA 2K15 is so much better as well. Still haven't downloaded The Last of Us, but I hope to this week sometime -- just in time for me to pick up my copy of MLB The Show 15.

5. sostartled

sostartled Member

Dying Light sounds right up my ally. I love open-world games, and I'm on a zombie kick right now.

I've watched a bunch of beta videos for Hardline and it looks bad ass. I love what they did with Battlefield 4 over BF3 (moves, weapons, etc), and it looks like they kept a lot of that gameplay and levelolution.

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

So I finally caved in and bought a PS4, thanks to a nice Cyber Monday deal from Best Buy. Ended up getting the console, the Drake's series, Fallout 4 and NHL 16 for around $400. Couldn't pass that offer up.

Fallout was the impetus for finally taking the plunge, since I've played Fallout 3 and New Vegas and loved them both. I've only played a few hours so far, but damn, is it beautiful and engaging.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. Tommy_Dreamer

Games I've played recently include:

Until Dawn: Such an awesome and interactive experience. Beautiful rendering and great storyline.

Battlefront: Met expectations but I feel the lack of a story mode really hurts it. Also, you have to be wary of idiots camping on spawn points or Hero/Hero Ship spawn points. They memorize where they come out and at what time apparently.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I also took the PS4 plunge mostly for Fallout 4. I'm about a dozen hours in, and it's really neat stuff. I haven't played New Vegas yet - it's in my to-do pile of games - but I almost have a plat in Fallout 3. Just such neat, immersive games.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Is anyone as hooked into Destiny as I am? My in-depth knowledge and following of the game has become the nerdiest thing about me. I can now say "I'm a light-level 316 hunter gunslinger with Touch of Malice and full raid gear who prefers the Hung Jury scout rifle because of its max stability and Firefly perk" and actually know what I'm talking about.

I think my virginity is growing back.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Haaaa. A co-worker has been playing it for about a year on the PS4, and only recently stopped because he had gotten the latest Black Ops game "free" for holiday shopping for others. It sound intriguing to me, Destiny that is, but I just started Fallout 4, I have New Vegas left to play, plus I have another 10 games I bought at various points but haven't even fired up. (Batman: Arkham City, tons of Humble Bundle games, some weird JRPG, etc.) I finally cancelled my GameFly account, since between my existing stack and PS Online Collection freebies, I was barely using it.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

If you're into an old school game that has been retouched, check out the PS4's free game GAUNTLET.

Yes, that Gauntlet. The one where screaming at your friend/brother over eating the food/health you needed to survive was commonplace.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've heard really good things about Destiny. But I'm going to be occupied for a while with Fallout 4 and NHL 16, so I'll throw that on the list of games to get down the road.

Draft saved Draft deleted