1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I ripped through RDR's storyline pretty quickly, just because I was so into the game. But I've not gotten the UN expansion, simply because I'm bored with the whole zombie genre. That said, I have yet to see any negative reviews of it. I think the storyline of the UN expansion is only 10 or 12 missions, then you can spend the rest of your time killing zombies, riding unicorns and hunting chupacabras.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Killing zombies, riding unicorns and hunting chupcabras is what I look for in most games.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I haven't played Undead. But I absolutely loved the main RDR. I'm through the main story, but still have a lot of the side missions to do.

It's one of those games that I could pop in after a few months and just start screwing around, doing different things. I did that a bit with the GTA games too.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I love Fallout New Vegas. But the game's constant freezing is REALLY starting to piss me off.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I just finished a two-week back-and-forth email conversation with Bethesda about their "patch" that was supposed to fix a lot of the issues. Needless to say, they stopped writing me back after I showed them how much it really does freeze up.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wow.

http://gizmodo.com/5730572/watch-this-amazing-full-feature-film-made-with-footage-from-grand-theft-auto-iv

7. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Went to GameStop and got NASCAR Kart for the Wii used.

Did about four multiplayer races and was confused as all get out. Making things worse is that unless you recognized the driver's face, you didn't know who you were picking.

Years ago, the regular XBOX came out with a four-player NASCAR game that I play on the 360.

For now, best multiplayer racing game -- talking four people on same tv in same room, not online -- IMO is Mario Kart Wii.

Funky Kong + Spear bike = awesome.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Maybe you should ask Inky :D

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finally bought an HDTV today ... and hooked up the PS3 with the HD cables. Holy hell, it's like I've been playing a Rolls Royce system on a Pinto television for years. The difference is friggin amazing.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Finally got the Wii set up on the wireless Internet. Zelda I and II and old-school Ninja Gaiden, five bucks a pop. Metroid. Love those old games.

Now if only they would release Contra and Bionic Commando on the Virtual Console . . .

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for Pro Wrestling.
    That they haven't released Contra is mind-boggling to me. Every other Contra game, plus "Contra: Rebirth," a WiiWare game, is available. But not the original. It's like they simply forgot to do that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted