1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Vancouver questions thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by danhawks, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Sounds like college.

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Many years ago Dix had a promotion during Canucks games where the beer price was the team's current goals-against average. This resulted in some scrambling when the team opened the season with consecutive shutouts.

The Lennox on Robson is a favorite lunch place of ours, and the Fish House in Stanley Park is also good.

Vancouver is a great town; hope everyone going enjoys it. We're staying far away until the Olympics are over. :)

3. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

Great burgers at Vera's Burger Shack.....Davie St., Denman St. and Gastown locations as well in Kitsilano and on Broadway....plus a few others. Granville Island Market is worth a visit and most Granville Island Brewing offerings are excellent.

Dan O hit the high points in his post.

4. danhawks

danhawks Member

thanks for the tips so far. Anyone driving back to Seattle on the 28th or 1st who wants some gas money? I need a ride to Everett, Wash.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Supposedly Vancouver's excellent strip clubs were the inspiration for the title of Bon Jovi's album Slippery When Wet as the band was recording the album at Little Mountain Studios in Vancouver.

6. The No. 7

The No. 7 Member

Yes, it is, and it's very close to the curling facility.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

The Cambie on Cambie.

http://www.thecambie.com/v2/gastown/

My all-time favourite bar in North America.

But then again, I loves me some dives.

Gotta go to the original on Cambie Street. And, you gotta take a piss there. I've never seen or smelled a washroom like the one in that place.

It's also a hostel on the second floor.

All I'm sayin' is this: It's a unique place.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

North Vancouver (on the other side of the Inlet) also has some pretty cool hangs.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

My brother's local is near the waterfront in North Van. Place called "The Rusty Gull". Always enjoy having a few pints with him there.

10. The Cecil. Best strip club I've been to.

11. Where is a good spot to score dope?

12. The airport, the cab ride, the bellhop, the night clerk, the newspaper boy ...

Draft saved Draft deleted