1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running UFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Green on losing to the Locomotives: "They were who they thought they were. Or were they the Sentinels?"

What I saw of the telecast (second quarter) was passable, but the football was awful.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The UFL needs to put a shark tank and a stripper pole at the 50-yard line. Then I might watch.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I just woke up from a weird dream where the Falcons were playing on one of those ridiculous fields like they had in Any Given Sunday, you know, the ones with the painting that went from like the 30 to the 30. Don't ask me why I was dreaming of an Atlanta Falcons game. I don't particularly like the Falcons. Don't hate them either, but they're not my team. Anyway, I was hoping perhaps that the UFL would go to these fields, and that Willie Beamen would make an appearance. Did Losman puke at any point last night?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

With the stripper pole coming out of the shark tank. If the girl slips, oh, well ... ho for dinner.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

My name is Willie... Willie Beamon. I keep the ladies, creamin'.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Maybe your dream can come true since the Falcons owner wants a new stadium.

7. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

No, I think he wants to merge with the UFL and put them all in his division.

8. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Now that I think of it, you can't spell awful without UFL.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you were a player and had a choice between this league and an NFL practice squad - would the UFL be the better option?

And Tuskers, Locomotives, Redwoods, nothing sells here for the long term than naming clubs after things that have been on an endangered species list, an diminishing form of transportation and a tree people are fighting to be preserved.

10. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

If I had a choice I would be on an NFL practice squad rather then a UFL team. But, now that this league has moved the season and shut down a team how long before the league goes bust?

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We have a UFL thread?????

12. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

Yeah, who would have thought such a thing since does any paper actually cover the league??? I do not recall any newspaper having a UFL category or on its website like with the NFL.

Draft saved Draft deleted