1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running UFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 8, 2009.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Sorry -- Bar is translation for my garage. I didn't feel like hauling a third TV out here.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Doesn't that qualify as a man cave? :)

3. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Makes me mad that someone is getting paid to handle game night PR and not doing a very good job.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Watched a couple minutes of it. I agree with Hondo, the refs look ridiculous in the red shirts and black pants. They look like coaches on the field.

Also, David Sims has broadcasted sports around the New York area for years. He's never been a big star, but he's a reliable veteran.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Why does a team called the Redwoods not have red in its uniforms?

6. My only guess is they didn't want to share a common color with San Francisco's last failed football upstart (the XFL's Demons).

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I've seen more people in the stands at high school games.

8. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

High schools play more games in a season than these guys. And I love the running blood clots, er, referees.

So is Jim Fassel going to call his agent and ask if there were any inquiries from Jerry Jones tonight? And, holy shit, was that Dennis Green on the other side of the field?

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Who the hell names a team the Tuskers? Or the Redwoods for that matter? I can deal with Locomotives barely, and Sentinels, but those names are ridiculous.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Will ESPN have highlights?
    They should.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The coaching line-up of the UFL reads like a list of Oakland Raiders rejects - wait a second, THEY ARE ALL coaches who interviewed with Al Davis but didn't make the cut.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'm trying to rename it. Got sick of "man-cave."

Draft saved Draft deleted