1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Tropical Storm Hanna thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OnTheRiver, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Hey, Hanna... say hi to Clooney and Marky Mark at the Flemish Cap....

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

In the last 10 minutes the rain has intensified pretty good. Now it's a good hard rain, but nothing that would send someone running for the boat or ark.

3. bp6316

bp6316 Member

Our good friend Johnny Dangerously asked for me to give an update on how we fared with Hanna here in the Sandhills of North Carolina when I could.

Looks like for the most part, things went OK. LOTS of localized flooding in several communities. Downtown area creek here in Fayetteville overflowed and has two parks completely under water as well as a few streets. Some trees down here and there and lake-area flooding.

Things did get a little intense in the middle of the night when the strongest chunk of the storm hit. Lots of lightning and thunder with some heavy wind gusts. But the storm was moving so fast, so it really didn't cause too big a problem.

The rain is needed somewhat in this area, though we were out of "drought" conditions. Western North Carolina and South Carolina could have used it more I'm sure.

But all is well here. Time to finally go to bed.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Real talk.

Draft saved Draft deleted