1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Tony Awards Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Jun 9, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Also loved the bit about actors in failed TV shows professing their love for the THEATA!

Someone should do a documentary about how they put the Tonys together. I don't know how they manage all the set and line changes, the props etc. Just getting the stagehands choreography down must take some work.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

LOVED it. Was waiting for Kristin Chenoweth (of Pushing Daisies and GCB and Glee) to get out there and bring the house down.

For me, the Tonys is a great way of being able to see what new shows came out this year, since I don't live near NYC, nor do I possess the fundage to go to the shows. I loved how they did the intros to the new shows with people in older currently running shows.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That opening was art of the highest order.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Both Neil Patrick Harris and Mike Tyson have crazy career paths.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Five years later - didn't watch the show, travelling, the clip of the HS students singing Seasons of Love was pretty heartbreaking. A great moment, but one I wish the students didn't have.
    I never thought Rent was a GREAT show, but I do think it has inspired more people to push boundaries and create some of the great musicals since (Ave. Q, Spring Awakening, Book of Mormon, Hamilton) and more talent to perform in them. It was the musical for people that didn't think they liked musicals.

Draft saved Draft deleted