1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Tony Awards thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I know only a few of us give a shit but I hoped someone would start this in my absence. It's already over back east and I know who won but I'm sworn to secrecy because The Queen is watching it now and pretending it is live.

We already have tickets to South Pacific, which won seven awards. It was her mother's favorite show. We're also going to see Hair in Central Park this summer and I think we'll do Damn Yankees, too.

In The Heights and Boeing-Boeing figure to be hard to get now.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Timeout. You started a running thread for something that's already over? Guess the haze hasn't really worn off yet. :D

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

"I loved it. It was better than Cats."

That's all I got when it comes to theatre.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

[​IMG]

chirp, chirp

chirp, chirp

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've always been amazed at the talent involved in any creative endeavor, and with Broadway you get singing, dancing, acting, writing...the whole deal. Of the shows they featured tonight, In The Heights looked the best, though from what I've read, none of the shows appear likely to reach icon status like South Pacific.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Moderator1

Well, it wasn't over where I was when I started the thread and I was hoping there were a couple of others on here who had a smidge of culture.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Was tied up last night, and couldn't see it, live. Will have access to a tape.
    My immediate question is how the Sondheim tribute went?

9. Moderator1

I didn't see it - I guess it came on before I started watching.

My wife wants to see In The Heights now but I think it will have to wait. May not be able to get tickets for a while.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Won't be that bad, I don't think. It's summer, and there's a lot of product out there.

11. Moderator1

I was stupid and didn't buy in advance this year - last couple of years I guessed right and got lucky. I do have South Pacific in hand already.

12. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

original cast of Rent was cool

Draft saved Draft deleted