1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Tiger Woods thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 13, 2014.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The way his short game is right now I doubt it was on purpose.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The chipping, if you want to call it that, was one of the more fascinating things in sports I have ever seen yesterday. He could not do things that a muni guy with one year experience can do with a wedge. As DD said, he was putting from anywhere near the green. And his chipping was terrible. I am a 97 golfer and I would be embarrassed with some of those chips (I only watched through 16).

As I said earlier, he is done.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Along those lines . . . will there ever come a time --- as long as he is playing in a tournament --- when his score will not be mentioned prominently in a story (before the fifth paragraph) or on a leaderboard?

Mickelson -8
    Singh -6
    Day -5
    McInroy -4
    Spieth -4
    Others
    Woods +12

4. poindexter

They won't be mentioning his scores on Saturdays and Sundays.

5. poindexter

Tiger 7 over thru 8 today. 9 over for the tournament.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Black Cock Down

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As bad as it was yesterday, it was way worse today. It's early, he needs some time to work through some issues, etc., but ... we're currently trending toward Willie Mays as a Met territory. Not there, certainly. But today was the first time you could say "This is really, truly uncomfortable." He can't hit basic shots anymore. It's surreal.

8. poindexter

^^^ Its still going on.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Maybey Foley wasn't the problem after all.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Tiger's got a real strong chance to finish dead last. That's.....something.

11. poindexter

He just double bogeyed 13, so he broke his tie with one Micheal Hopper +10, who has yet to tee off.

He has last all by his lonesome, by two strokes.

12. poindexter

But remember, the guys on the golf channel at the start of the broadcast yesterday, said he looked great on the range.

Draft saved Draft deleted