1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Tiger Woods thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 13, 2014.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You're probably gonna fuck it up either way. Grip it and rip it and learn how to hit shots out of the woods.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Driver is best used from under a tree.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, I took the advice to the extreme and was criticized by my teammates for hitting a 6 iron off the tee, but I could reliably mash that.

The game changes entirely when you set your horizons on bogey golf. It is zen-like.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I hit 3-wood and 5-wood off the tee for several years to try to keep it in the fairway. Was tired of playing out of the woods. Finally got fitted for a driver about 6 years ago, and it's been much more kind to me.

5. Deskgrunt50

Woods says he'll next play at Riviera in mid-February. Really surprised he's not playing Torrey Pines.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I bet he plays Torrey. Everyone knew he was going to play Riviera because his foundation is one of the sponsors.

7. Deskgrunt50

That would make sense. Seems like he'd want to play as many familiar courses as possible.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"You want your driver?"
    "No, he's not my type."

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. Signs multi-year deal to play Bridgestone golf balls.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Which is a lazy-ass way of teaching. Too many instructors fall back on, "well just hit the 3-wood." No, dude. I want to hit the driver. So does everyone else. It's called the Big Dog for a reason. Give me some help on how to hit the driver that goes further than just clubbing down.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He didn't say he's not playing Torrey. Just announced he's playing Riviera, which, by the way, is a tournament now managed by his company and whose charitable arm is the Tiger Woods Foundation.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Hitting it farther is one thing. Hitting it with accuracy is different.
    I would rather it 270 down the middle every time than hit it 295 in God's Country.

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted