1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running thread on the running thread debate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Stooping down to her level? What the hell does that even mean? She doesn't go on threads and randomly attack people or thread topics, unlike you. She isn't part of a clique whose sole purpose seems to be attacking people and trying to make them miserable. I suppose we should have expected this, though. Your clique always seems to stick together, right or wrong, and no one in it ever seems to put a stop to the nonsense some of the other members spew forth with stunning regularity.

You don't like that I started a running thread? Great. Don't click on it. Who are you to decide board policy around here? If Moddy has a problem with a running thread, let him do something about it. Or Gutter. Or Webby.

I'm sorry this board isn't the same as it was in the "good old days." Deal with it, because it will never be that way again.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm only following your lead, Sheriff. You've long been the decider when it comes to legitimate and illegitimate threads.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Question, flying headbutt...

Do you consider the NIAFL thread a running thread? That was a serious question, too. It was not an attempt to attack anyone.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Enough, FH. Leave spup alone. Just drop it. You're sounding petty. If it makes you feel better, go all spnited on me and hurl insults my way. I can handle it.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Fun with quotes.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

There are cliques here?

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Soces, Greasers. You know.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The ftard clique is particularly large.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oh, you mean when this site actually was a useful tool? You mean when I'd check this board in the morning and I might actually learn something, read a good story that's been linked or discuss serious issues relating to the business? Yeah, because those days really sucked, you're right. I'd much rather read DyePack calling someone an ftard on every fucking thread, or read stupid trivial fights between anonymous message board entities.

You're right, those "good old days" really sucked.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You flatter me, sir.

But I fall short of every thread.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

But the good ol' days weren't always good, and tomorrow aint as bad as it seems...

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Who gives a fuck how many threads there are? Are you too fucking stupid to decipher different aspects of the same event? Does your news coverage throw every story under one headline and insist that the readers sort it out on their own?

It's a message board. You post messages on it. That's it. If you need more order, go clean out a closet or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.