1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running thread on the running thread debate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wow:
    I didn't know the Pats-Colts game was the biggest single sporting event in America.
    I didn't know that cheering for the Colts was the biggest single sporting event in America.
    I didn't know 2 black coaches in the super bowl was the biggest single sporting event in Amrica.
    I didn't know that Peyton not being a fraud was the biggest single sporting event in America.
    I didn't know that debating the "greatest" whatever about tonight's game was the biggest single sporting event in America.

I do know, however, that you pallister are one of the biggest single assholes in the history of SportsJournalists.com.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yes, we should talk about everything related to the biggest sporting event in the world on one thread. That's it. Nothing anywhere else.

But then again, the Deciders of All That Is Relevant, Necessary, and Worthy of Discussion declared this stupid. So I guess that's your answer, Freelance.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think it is a foregone conclusion that you're nicer than me. I think we knew that in July.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sorry, boob, you and pallister have the asshole-ism locked up tight.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Doubtful, but yeah there'd be quite a few threads on it simply because it was the biggest game of the day.

I really believe the explosion of running threads -- although they were started with the best of intentions -- have seriously diluted the quality of posts on the board in recent weeks. I don't think I'm the only one out here who believes this.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

This place is a running joke. Good God, people.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Keep reading the posts before you respond. Then get back to me.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

You know I'm talking about the Super Bowl, spinted. And coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment. Glad I could piss you off.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I think the high number of ftards dilutes the quality.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

And that's why we have a Webmaster and volunteer moderators who can compile those type of threads into one all-encompassing thread. Not trying to pile on Moddy's (or Gutter's) already heavy workload, but hey, he agreed to do it.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Start a running thread about how in love you are.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I also know that people on the board don't want to be forced to read 15 different threads that all say the same thing. As I said, you're more than right about the sidebar issues, but some of these threads say the same thing the running thread said and people are basically copying and pasting their responses.

I'm sorry that you want to live vicariously through Doc and me, but I have no reason to start a running thread about how in love I am. If I want to discuss that with people on this board, we will discuss it via IM or PM. Any thread that has been started about the two of us has been generated in need for ideas or suggestions.

There was NO need for you to be a complete ass on this issue. At least Freelance Hack has some decorum in his responses. You have no class, whatsoever; and yes, you're becoming a troll of sorts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.