1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running thread on the running thread debate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Seems like we're discussing whether or not running threads are a good thing for this board.

For the most part, I loathe running threads. There's so much that happens in one game, not to mention one week or one season, that one thread does not do it justice. And I'll be damned if I'm combing through pages of whatever to see if someone might have discussed what I wish to post and discuss.

I'm sure there are some topics that are worthy of running threads, but lately it's been overkill. And it's getting to the point where I think a moratorium on starting running threads is needed.

And, the last time I checked, Flying Headbutt is not a troll. He's never been a troll, nor will he become one in the days ahead.

That's all.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Run this running thread into the ground. Please!

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, we now have 6...count 'em 6... NFL/Colts/Manning/Super Bowl/Black coaches threads that are basically variations on the same theme.
    Is that better?

4. pallister

pallister Guest

More than one thread related to the biggest single sporting event in American sports. On a sports message board. For shame.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It's better to have separate threads on the discussion of numerous topics, IMO. There's no need to clutter up one thread with all this.

It's like a sidebar -- it's probably not worth discussing in the main story, but it's still something worth discussing.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is it trolling if I agree with Freelance?

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

This is stupid. If we didn't have a running thread, the only threads on the first page would have been about the Colts/Pats game. We don't need six threads that say the same thing in a new variation. All of this was started because flying headbutt was mad when a thread got started. As someone on the thread posted, if you don't like that a Super Bowl thread was started, don't fucking read it. It's pretty simple.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is it trolling if I agree with Flying Headbutt?

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Lets have a running thread about what an a-hole you are day in and day out. ;D ;)

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

HOW DARE YOU LIMIT MY FREE SPEECH RIGHTS???!!! IF I WANT TO START A RUNNING THREAD ABOUT JEMELE HILL'S ATTEMPT TO WRITE ABOUT WILLIS MAGAHEE'S BABY MOMMA DRAMA NO ONE OTHER THAN A MODERATOR IS GOING TO STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK, SUCK, SUCK!

Sorry. I just wanted to pass that comment along from the last time I proposed a moratorium on a certain kind of thread. Carry on.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't disagree with this post, necessarily. The thread regarding the black coaches aspect or a thread regarding the two best place kickers in the NFL are not bad threads to have, but during the game, there needs to be one thread that people can post on. Otherwise, there's going to be 30 new threads just saying, "Did you see that great TD pass?"

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I said that, spup, but I said it nicer. ;D

Edit: Boom shoots, he scores!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.