1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running this irritates me thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes. But let's make it 100 feet. At night. Pushing a stroller. Wearing dark clothes.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, we're certainly getting a good level of vitriol on the thread.

Well done, people and keep it coming.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

So, jaywalking in general.

My main beef is the fact that people cross ten feet in front of a crosswalk, then continue to walk toward the crosswalk. Is it that much of a pain in the ass?

Anyone who does so with kids should have their children taken away.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If there are no cars coming, fine.

But dodging cars on a busy street? And being too lazy to use a crosswalk when you have a kid in a stroller? Ugh.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Saying "You're welcome."

Went to dinner last night. Put in the order, got my receipt back. I said "Thanks." No reply.

Had the pizza brought to the table. I said "Thanks." No reply, guy walks away.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks, Emperor Palpatine.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

When a group of kids go with one adult to see a movie they shouldn't be seeing. I went with a couple of friends to see "Hall Pass," an R-rated flick, and the kids were clueless. They must have been in their young teens and giggled like idiots. WTF was the adult thinking taking them to a raunchy movie like that?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I saw "Kill Bill, Vol. 1" with four children under the age of 10 sitting with three of their parents about 10 rows behind me. After one of the big sword fight scenes, the entire theater heard a small child ask "Why is she hurting those people, Mommy?"

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

People who seemingly wait until the get IN the voting booth to think about the election.
    By that point, it should be "click, click, click" and you're outta there.
    If you haven't made up your mind by this point, you really shouldn't be voting.

Basically, any asshole who doesn't conduct any of their business in a timely manner. You don't have to rush around and be in a hurry, but don't act like a friggin spud, either.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Have the exact opposite problem in the town I live in. When people get in their cars here, they forget that they aren't the only ones on the road. A stop sign is a suggestion they follow. Right of way rules go out the window. If you aren't on the main road, you could be sitting at a stop sign for like five minutes because people don't allow yield the right of way. They never look to see if someone is in the road and have too many people get hit by a car.

There is also a odd habit of people insisting on going through the drive through even though the line is in the street. I've gone inside, ordered, got my food and people either haven't paid or haven't so much as ordered.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I think the express lanes should cut off at the posted number of items and not be able to ring up any more after that.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This. If you're talking about a person/people then it is "who" not "that". I see this like ten times a day and most of those times are on SJ, which is shameful for a site that's supposed to be for journalists.

Draft saved Draft deleted