1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running this irritates me thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 27, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

CBS advertising for 60 Minutes in the middle of a sporting event. Yes, it starts at 7 p.m. Eastern, but it'd start on time if you actually started a sporting event to FINISH by 7 p.m. Eastern. NFL at 4:15 p.m. and March Madness at 5:05 -- it doesn't happen. 60 Minutes hasn't started on time in September, October, November, December, January and March for 30 years.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

not to thread jack, but bike lanes are for kids and grannies on their beach cruisers. when I'm on my bike, I'm normally hammering between 25-30 mph, so a bike lane isn't an option.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I feel as though I want to run down a bicyclist on purpose if they are in the left turn pocket. I wouldn't, but I think about it.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

People who send local newspapers press releases without first being nice enough to see if it actually matters to that paper.

Yes, I am a local newspaper editor. But I'm based in Rhode Island, not f**king Iowa and, as such, do not give a pickled piece of parrot shit that you're having an event there.

Die already.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

It's simple: If running it irritates you, stop running it.

6. schiezainc

?

I don't.

That's the point.

Every week, I have at least 15-20 press releases in my email box that were clearly sent out in mass communications without any regard to anything or anyone.

And it irritates me. :)

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Four-way stops.
    A) Because no one ever agrees who goes first, so it's start, hold it, start again, hold it; OK, fuck it, wave 'em along.
    B) This town is in love with four-way stops and most of them exist because people complain, not because they're actually needed. One four-way stop was put up because the people who worked at an insurance office were having trouble crossing the street as no one on the through street would stop for them. Then the insurance company moved and the building is still vacant six years later, but the goddam four-way stop is still there.

8. Hate-Miser2

Hate-Miser2 Member

Got another one: Assholes who are using the drive-thru ATM, and they drive up to the machine, throw it in park and then root around to find their ATM card from their pocket/wallet/purse, then do a couple balance inquiries, then take some money out, then count it, take the receipt and make sure to load everything up back in their wallet/purse/pocket in a very particular way before driving off.

The ATM visit should be a 30-second episode once you get in front of the machine. These asshats make it a 4-5 minute exercise because they apparently couldn't think ahead enough to get have their card ready ahead of time. Maybe they figure the little camera in the machine will recognize them and just spit out $50.

9. schiezainc

Got another one.

Groups of people who feel compelled to send letter after letter after letter after letter after letter after letter after letter to make sure you really, really, really, really, really, really, really know they oppose a wind turbine being built in their neighborhood and list the same three nonexistent myths about turbines that have been disproven over and over and over and over again.

Yes, we get it, you really hate the idea of a wind turbine being in your town. Well, guess what? We get it. Now shut up and move on with your life.

Oh, and I don't want to turn this political but one last thing: If you oppose alternative energy, that's fine. I don't care. Just don't bitch when the prices at the pump go up. K? Thx. Bye.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

schiezainc, I was addressing the subject line, not your post. Now I see dooley beat me to it. Sort of.

Rats.

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

and we have a winner!

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Tell me you're not surprised at this, when we're also too lazy to get out of the car to do our banking or to have lunch.

Draft saved Draft deleted