1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running this irritates me thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was at the driving range yesterday hitting balls.

Redneck trash behind me comes up yapping away loudly on his cell phone. I wanted to hit him with my 5 iron. Kindly step away from the fucking range if you want to talk on your phone. Right on the range isn't the place to do it. He had three redneck idiots with him, and I wasn't in the mood for confrontation, which is why I didn't say anything. But damn.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Raises one of my great pet peeves -- people who demand absolute quiet on the golf course. You can yell and laugh and shoot off cannons when I am hitting the ball, I don't give a rat's. I wouldn't do it, but I really don't care if others do.

Make the game more fun than a funeral.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I don't demand absolute quiet. You can't get rid of ambient sound (birds, planes overhead, etc.) anyway. But this dude was right behind me yapping like he was in his office. Not cool. Saw someone else talking on his phone, but he was away from the range under a tree so he wasn't bugging everybody else. There's a happy medium, for sure.

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I'm with cosmo on this. While a personal preference might not dictate total silence, there are rules of decorum involving golf, and NOT talking is one of them.

Even if it's just the driving range.

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Don't limit it to the driving range. It sounds like something that would give me the red ass in many settings.

Yeah, go ahead and say it: holy bull = UCLA library chick

Draft saved Draft deleted