1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running this irritates me thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Hate-Miser2

Hate-Miser2 Member

I will disagree with this, as a grocery bagger/cart gatherer veteran from my high school days. I would much rather have been inside in the warm conditions, dealing with the customers than out in the cold spending 4 times longer that it should have taken to get all the buggies together. Plus, dealing with people who wanted the store to pay for door dings in their car because another customer left their cart wherever it was convenient and it blew into their vehicle and left a ding or scratch was not fun.

That's what where the irritation comes from for me, is that someone doesn't want to be bothered to put the cart back any of the many places offered to put it back where it will stay. And if it blows into someone else's car, then too bad for them.

I don't get the "young kids" argument, either. Why not load the groceries with the child in the cart, then walk the cart to the corral with the child in it, and carry the child back to the car? Or use the parcel loading service that most stores offer, where you can drive up and have the bags loaded into your car?

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Just put the cart away, lazy assholes!

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've noticed this happening much more often than before lately: pedestrians just stepping into the street without looking to see if cars are coming. There's an intersection near my office where people get hit with some regularity, because they don't pay attention to the Don't Walk sign and just start crossing because they assume no cars are coming (most cars turn left or right at the intersection, but a good number go straight through). It's amazing. They don't even look - they just step off the curb and keep walking.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

When I was a kid (and occasionally when no one can see me in the lot), I pretended it was a bobsled and did the whole "Feel the rhythm...feel the rhyme...get on up...it's bobsled time!" thing from Cool Runnings as I put it in the cart.

#yeahI'mcrazy

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

on the laziness front at grocery stories, assholes who park in the fire lane or in a handicap spot because they're too fat and/or lazy to walk a few feet.

6. Hate-Miser2

Hate-Miser2 Member

Or people so lazy that when they go to get a Redbox movie at McDonald's, they can't park and walk 20 feet to the machine, but pull into the drive-thru lane 3 feet from the machine, park and leave the car there running while they search for a movie ...

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Asshole cyclists. I've had two in the past week who pulled out right in front of me (one coming out of a driveway onto an arterial, the other turning from a side street onto an arterial), and then looked at me like I'm the asshole because I honked at them after I'd slammed on the brakes to save their lives.

Also in this category: Cyclists who ride in the main lane when they're right next to a perfectly nice bike lane.

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

People who push right into you without saying "Excuse me." A few manners go a long way ... so don't yell at me when I push you back and say, "Excuse me!"

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

1 Gas stations that require you to continue holding pump while filling
    tank. I prefer auto fill so I can go in and grab some sundries.

2 People who you politely slow down for so they can cross street, that
    do not make an honest attempt to show hustle. Just one little quick
    hop or jab step does it. It shows you value my time.

3 people who don't check their steamer trunks when flying

4 people who put their seat back on airplane

5 NY Times 20 view per month limit

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What do you have to run that's irritating you, Captain?

11. doctorx

doctorx Member

Well, you see, these people are going to be making a left turn in another eight miles so they're just slowing down to be ready.

12. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

1) my in-laws. Where do I begin? A never-ending journey of irritation.

2) Folks who are in front of you in the bank drive through and when they get done with their transactions, instead of leaving the cylinder thing when they are done, they send the fucker back inside to the teller for no reason whatsoever except to make me have to wait longer to get the damn thing back. What the hell?

3) Did I mention my in-laws? Dear Jesus.

Draft saved Draft deleted