1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running this irritates me thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Need to vent on a couple things that really bug me:

Gas pumps with supreme on the left and regular on the right. We're a nation that reads and does things left to right. This is really deceptive business practice at its best worst. Gas companies that do this (Chevron I know is one) are knowingly trying to trick customers into buying their higher price fuel by hoping they follow their force of habit. Just dirty pool.

ATM fees. So, banks want to steer you away from higher priced teller transactions, and then charge you for the assistance in making their business more profitable. Sure there's a cost to processing bank transfers, but in this technological, automated age, you're telling me that's a transaction cost of $1.50, $2.00, $3.00? Sorry, not buying. That's price gouging.

Have at it.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Most of the pumps my way funnel all gas through one nozzle. And even if they're selecting the level left to right, the prices are right there, and that's where most eyes are going to gravitate, because nobody's spending any more money than they have to on a fill-up (and having spent $85 on a recent fill-up, I'd never accidentally press the button for supreme).

The ATM fees are for using another bank's machine, right? I've never seen a bank charge its own customers for using their ATMs.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Going to block someone on Facebook when you find out he's beaten you to the punch by blocking you.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Really?

5. Hate-Miser2

Hate-Miser2 Member

People at the grocery store who just leave their carts wherever it's convenient in the parking lot after they've loaded their stuff in the car.

They can push their cart around the store for a half-hour, but to take the empty cart and push it another 30 feet to put it in the corral thing is way too much effort? Or, God forbid, take it another 75 feet and put it back in the store where they got the cart in the first place?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

People who sit in the left lane of a four-lane highway (two lanes in each direction), going less than the speed limit, while ignoring the line of cars behind them trying to pass. Don't these idiots realize it's the passing lane?

Oh, and I'm sick of hearing the term, "Survive and Advance" every time an NCAA tournament team wins a game. You won the fucking game. It's what you were trying to do. Did you think you were going to lose it? Stop giving it a slogan.

7. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Epidemic in Florida: People who think a left green arrow is REQUIRED to turn left at an intersection, even though it's not one of those intersections that gives you a red arrow, and there's absolutely no traffic coming. This single situation is why I would never carry a gun in my car.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Educated adults who can't have political conversations and debates without name-calling, and worse.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I was guilty of doing this when my daughter was little. I always did the grocery shopping alone and I always had my daughter with me. If the cart corral was more than 10 or 15 steps away from my car, I left it near my car in as safe as a place as I could. I have never been paranoid about things, but I never left my daughter in the car and stepped away.

I didn't do it before she was born and I stopped doing it when she got older, but for those years in between, I did.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Agree with you with one exception. If it's cold out, I'm leaving that carriage wherever I damn well please. For two reasons, really. First, it's cold and I want to get back in the car and, second, I know from personal experience that the people in charge of getting those carriages would prefer you put them all over the place so that they can stay outside (And thus spend less time inside interacting with customers) trying to get them.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Unless it's really cold.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

A few months ago, my mortgage was sold to another company. I won't mention the name, but it sounds like Metlife.
    Previously, I had an online account where each month I could transfer the mortgage fee from my checking account to their checking account. Took 30 seconds.
    When Metlife took over my loan, I went to set up the same system and was informed that there is a $10 fee to do that ... each month.
    I asked if there was a fee to pay by check via snail mail. No fee.
    I said, I'm sure you are smart people, but isn't it easier for me to put the money in your account rather than have somebody at your company have to open an envelope and punch in all the numbers to have the money transferred from my account to theirs?
    Yes, that's the way we do it.
    Irritation, yes!!

Draft saved Draft deleted