1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running the fantasy baseball pennant race is torturing me thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Somehow I managed to go two for two this year in my leagues. I think I can thank Ryan Braun...

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Question: In Yahoo standard (free) leagues, ERA is the tiebreaker, right? Because if that's the case, I won one of my leagues, which would be a first for this inept fantasy player. Tied 5-5. I win ERA. If ERA is indeed the tiebreaker, the league will have been decided by me winning runs 96-95. Holy crap.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I think I'm going to lose 7-5 in the championship (IP and OPS are the extra categories) unless Tom Glavine's blowup allows me to squeak out a win in ERA, in which case it's a tie and I pray Cosmo is right about the tiebreaker.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I lost my big money cumulative league by ONE RUN today. Got the steals and got the save I needed, but the guy I was chasing passed someone out in runs to beat me by half a point. ONE. RUN. One hundred eighty-three days of baseball and I lost by one run.

I hate fantasy baseball. I really fucking do.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I ARE THE CHARMION!!!

Caught him in IP and ERA by loading up on starting pitchers yesterday, making it 6-6 and winning on the ERA tiebreaker. Show me the money!

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Finished second in my only money league. In 3 years of playing fantasy baseball I've won (first year), missed the playoffs with a hot team by 2 games last year, and placed second this year. Oh well. It's all good.

Draft saved Draft deleted