1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running tennis thread 2016 / 2017

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Mar 20, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Long live the one-handed BH !

Stan the MAN !!

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I always pull for the one-handed BH.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Me too !

And it was in all its glory last night.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I love the Djoker. But when he cramped up and got the trainer out and did the Kabuki Theater with his toe, it was unfair. I don't really blame him. He is trying to win and he was struggling. He did what he had to do. But the officials needed to step in and force him back on the court. They were afraid to stand up to him because he is the number 1. I thought Wawrinka did good to not let it derail him.

7. BTExpress

I think he and the Djoker are buddies.

Had it been Kyrgios, Wawrinka would have demanded that he get his ass out on the court and take his drubbing.

One of the best acts of sportsmanship I ever saw was in the 1994 finals of the Miami tournament.
    Sampras had food poisoning from some pasta he ate the night before and was in no shape to play the 1 p.m. match.

Instead of taking the default and the title, Agassi said to wait it out and see if Sampras would be feeling better. After more than an hour, they took the court, and Sampras beat him in three sets.

Said Agassi: "If I can't beat the best player in the world, I don't deserve the trophy. And I certainly don't deserve it if I can't beat him when he's sick."

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

9. BTExpress

Serena engaged. Ivanovic retiring. Quite the past few days for news in the women's tennis world.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

If I may have a moment of juvenility, I'd like to take a moment to express my disappointment in Ivanovic's retirement and furthermore, in reading five minutes ago that she married Bastian Schweinsteiger a while back. Damn it, 2016.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I always thought that Ivanovic was the most beautiful female athlete I've ever seen.

BTExpress likes this.
  12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

She's in the running.

Draft saved Draft deleted