1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running tennis thread 2016 / 2017

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Mar 20, 2016.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Started a few minutes ago. Not televised here. BT Sport has it exclusively. Can only watch in the UK. Not even BTExpress can watch BT Sport. :(

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

She did the time.

3. BTExpress

Well, it's hard to write a better script than this.

Eugenie Bouchard, perhaps the most vocal critic of Sharapova ("She's a cheater and so to me, I don't think a cheater in any sport should be allowed to play that sport again."), will play a round-of-32 match in Madrid tomorrow . . . against Sharapova.

Genie was bounced in the first round of four consecutive tournaments since the Australian Open until finally winning her first-round match today. Might as well start packing now for Italy, Genie.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I can only imagine the grunts that will be erupting from the mouth of Sharapova in that match.

5. BTExpress

As I was saying, looks like Sharapova is packing her bags for Italy. :eek:

Gator likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Have to believe the tourney organizers tweaked the draw so this matchup could happen. If they didn't, they should have.

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Federer won't play French Open. Likely will save energy for Wimbledon, his preferred surface. And with the way Nadal is playing now on clay, that's probably a good move.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Thanks for playing, Angelique Kerber. First women's No. 1 to make a first-round exit at Roland Garros.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. John

John Well-Known Member

Between Steve Johnson and del Potro, a lot of love and heart on display early in the French.

11. BTExpress

WTA players talking about boycotting Margaret Court Arena for next year's Australian Open if it's not renamed in light of Court's recent statements on gays and transgenders.

12. BTExpress

So who had Jelena Ostapenko in the French Open pool?

Unseeded, ranked No. 47. Never had won a main WTA Tour title (but then, she just turned 20).

Tomorrow's champion should be a little more predictable.

Lugnuts likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted