1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Sweet 16 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Mar 22, 2007.

1. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Sure. But the NCAA - and CBS - aren't looking to help newspapers. The advertising buck is probably much better at night in primetime than during the day.

I'd much rather watch daytime NCAA tournament games (and you can include daytime World Series games as well).

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Because CBS gets much more ad revenue from night games, and with two games at the same time it can, in theory, maximize ratings by giving each station the game that will get the best ratings. The ad revenue probably is much higher that way than having two games during the day.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

How are the Salukis playing on defense compared to earlier in the half? I have been switched to the A&M game.

4. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

It appears they've picked it up a notch. Kansas still not able to run. Good game. So is this A&M one.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I guess my rip on the refs earlier wasn't deserved, just noticed Kansas has 7 fouls to 3 for Southern Illinois.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Thanks dick.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Come on Aggies.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

If any of you have access to Westwood One Radio......fuckabuncha Pete Gillen is doing color, and I swear to God it's Paulie Walnuts.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This is like your third straight week bashing on KU. I've never said a negative word about Wazzu, mind you, though I would understand you pulling for an upset simply for upset's sake.

That said, KU losing would most definitely not be hilarious.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I like to be contrary sometimes, and once again I forgot - it was BYH spewing hate on Wazzu.
    I would like them to lose because it is the only chance I have in most of my brackets.
    Wish I was watching that game, looks pretty good.

11. Kansas is taking a bunch of dumb shots and doesn't seem too enamored with SIU's full-court pickup defense. Someone needs to put an APB out for Mario Chalmers, because he's been invisible.

12. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

"Paging Supernintendo Chalmers ... "

Draft saved Draft deleted