1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Sweet 16 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I know it's still a little more than four hours away until KU tips against Southern Illinois, but dammit, I'm nervous and excited for the game to come. Even though I'll be working right through it in the office tonight, you can be sure I'll have Yahoo's scoreboard up to follow the score. (Can't always keep an eye on the corner TV, you know.)

Can the Salukis slow Kansas enough to win?
    Can Memphis overcame Acie Law with a hobbled Chris Douglas-Roberts?
    Who wins the Ben Howland matchup?
    Can Tennessee shoot over Ohio State's 2-3 zone and spring the upset?

Though to be honest, so long as the answer to the first question is no, I don't care about the other three questions. :D

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hey Oz, fear the MVC.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Bradley did beat KU in the first round one year ago, so trust me, I do.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I picked the Salukis to beat Kansas in my bracket, but I also had Wazzu and Louisville in the Final Four, so ya know.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The Sweet 16 is about the right time for KU to choke. Having said that, I actually have the Jayhawks in the NCAA final on my bracket.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

KU wins
    Memphis outguns A & M
    Pupil gets Teacher
    Vols down OSU

BTW- Think about this Final Four

Kansas North Carolina

Oregon Tennessee

Talk about an entertaining Final Four

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Ya know, my best bracket has Kansas winning it all. How the hell did I do that one, besides drunk at 2 a.m.?

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Ohio State dodged one bullet, but not the second. Tennessee drops them tonight.

9. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Anybody know what games they are showing in the NYC area?

Would stink not to get A&M/Memphis track meet and OSU/Tenn, which will be good.

I'll pass on the other two defensive battles.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

UCLA, USC and Oregon all have great chances to win based on the theory that Bill Simmons thinks the Pac-10 sucks and that all three will lose.
    And Oz, I think it would be hilarious if Kansas lost.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

I hope that Nantz and Paccer are not in California right now.

12. My winners for this evening:

Kansas - I just don't see them losing to SIU, especially when SIU isn't completely at full strength, but hey, that's why they're on the court tonight.

Pitt - Jamie Dixon is going to out-Howland his former boss, mark my words.

Tennessee - Tragically for my bracket, I chose Ohio State, but there's something about this Vols team that just suggests they could be on a '06 Gators-type run. Draw Oden out of the post with the big guys that can knock down the J, and they have a pretty good chance.

A&M - another upset special that really won't be an upset. Law's going to control the tempo and nobody on Memphis can guard him.

Draft saved Draft deleted