1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Super Bowl Trivia Thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Redskins: Kilmer, Theismann, Williams, Rypien
    Giants: Simms, Hostetler, Collins and Manning
    Raiders: Lamonica, Stabler, Plunkett and Gannon

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Here's a few, starting with an easy one ...

1. After Sunday, there will be only five teams that have never played in a Super Bowl. Name them. Answer: Browns, Lions, Jags, Texans, Saints

2. Who is the only player to win Super Bowl MVP while playing for the losing team? Answer: Chuck Howley, Dallas Cowboys, Super Bowl V

3. What Washington Redskin returned Garo Yepremian's infamous "pass" for a touchdown in Super Bowl VII? Mike Bass

4. What Cincinnati Bengal was de-activated (and subsequently banned from the league) for a drug incident on the eve of Super Bowl XXIII? Stanley Wilson

3. Steak Snabler

I believe the fourth person from question one is Andre Reed ...

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

1. Browns, Lions, Jags, Texans, Saints

5. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Reed has the record for most catches in the first quarter (tied with Darrell Jackson) but he's not the fourth on that list.

6. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

2) Chuck Howley

3) Bass (first name escapes me)

4) Crud...I know this one.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Are you thinking of Stanley Wilson? I don't think he was arrested. One of the assistant coaches found him coked up and they left him off the roster for the game. That led to a permanent ban from the league.

It was Eugene Robinson of the Falcons who actually got arrested the even of a Super Bowl, but that was for solicitation, not drugs.

8. Steak Snabler

You're right. Fixed.

9. Steak Snabler

Just came to me. Wes Welker.

10. Steak Snabler

Here's a couple more ...

1. Doug Williams threw four touchdown passes in the second quarter of Super Bowl XXII. Who caught them? (Hint: one player caught two). Answers: Ricky Sanders with two, Gary Clark and Clint Didier with one each

2. What Cincinnati Bengal suffered a gruesome broken leg early in Super Bowl XXIII? Answer: Tim Krumrie

3. What Green Bay Packers receiver was injured early in Super Bowl I, forcing Max McGee into the lineup? Answer: Boyd Dowler

4. What Los Angeles Rams running back threw a touchdown pass in Super Bowl XIV? Lawrence McCutcheon

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

2. Tim Krumrie

4. Wendell Tyler? (just taking an educated guess on that one)

12. Steak Snabler

Krumrie, yes; Tyler, no

An interesting bit of trivia on Krumrie — he started the first game of the following season.

Draft saved Draft deleted