1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Super Bowl Trivia Thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jan 29, 2009.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

...Answer questions and create your own...Try not to cheat. Apologies if this is a DB.

I'll start with a four-pack. Answer these, make some more.

1) Four different receivers have the Super Bowl record of 11 receptions in a game. Name them and the Super Bowl in which they achieved the feat.

2) Four quarterbacks that were drafted first overall have won multiple Super Bowls. Name the two that did it with teams other than the ones they were drafted by.

3) Several players have recorded multiple interceptions in the Super Bowl, only one has two interceptions returned for touchdowns. Who is it?

4) Matt Millen won Super Bowls for four different cities, name them. (Hint: None of them are called "Detroit)

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

No. 2 is easy: John Elway, Denver (drafted by the Colts) and Jim Plunkett, Raiders (drafted by the Patriots)

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

And No. 3 is Tampa Bay safety Dwight Smith.

4. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

1: Dan Ross in Super Bowl XVI; Jerry Rice in Super Bowl XXIII, Deion Branch in Super Bowl XXXVIII..I'm at a loss who is no. 4

4: Oakland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington.

New question:
    Who are the only rookie coaches to take their team to the Super Bowl?

5. nafselon

The final answer to No. 1 shouldn't take too much research.

As for the rookie coaches. George Seifert is definitely one but I think there was another. Ray Malavasi comes to mind but so does Tom Flores and both might have been second year guys.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

4. John Fox is the other, I believe.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I believe Don McCaffery was also a rookie coach when he led the Colts to the win in Super Bowl V.

8. nafselon

Next Question While we're searching for a final number on the last question and whoever can complete Question No. 1:

Three franchises have appeared in Super Bowls with four different starting quarterbacks. Name the franchises and the quarterbacks that started for them.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Dallas: Craig Morton, Roger Staubach, Danny White, and Troy Aikman
    Washington: Kilmer, Theisman, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien
    NYG: Simms, Hostetler, Kerry Collins, Eli Manning

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wasn't Eli Manning drafted first overall by the Chargers?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, but he only has one Super Bowl victory. The question was which guys have more than one.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ah, of course. Must read the question more closely.

Draft saved Draft deleted