1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Super Bowl hype thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Jan 20, 2008.

?

Who do you think will win the Super Bowl?

1. Patriots

49 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Giants

21 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I counted Brady's last three games--Brady didn't have to play in a Wild Card Game.

His stats: 80-103, 827, seven touchdowns and three picks. That's a QB rating of 110.64.

Fairly even numbers.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Man, the Super Bowl's becoming like Bushes in the White House.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Damn. Disproves my theory. *shrug* May the best damn team win.

4. Patriots are Bushes and Eli is HRC.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

We could use this on a banner in a few places here ...

The Giants are as capable as anyone of giving the Pats a game. They proved it in Week 17. It's not like New England rolled over and allowed the Giants to score at will against backups.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Brady was picked three times today. The last time Manning was picked off was in the regular season finale against New England.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Patriots 42, Giants 31

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Pats are two TD favorites, according to Fox.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

For the 42nd straight season, the Big 33 Football Classic, which each summer pits the best high school seniors of Pennsylvania and Ohio, will be represented in the Super Bowl.

Tight end Kyle Brady (1990, Pennsylvania) and center Dan Koppen (1998, Pennsylvania) shall suit up for the AFC champion New England Patriots, while linebacker Chase Blackburn (2001, Ohio) and guard Chris Snee (2000, Pennsylvania), will don the colors of the NFC champ New York Giants.

No Super Bowl has ever been played without graduates of the Big 33 Football Classic.

That is all.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I love the Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics, but the Pats can suck my left one. Not a fan. I doubt I'll even watch.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

New York ... New England ... I say the Super Bowl be moved from Arizona to Hartford. It would save a lot of the travel grief for the Boston-New York media.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Roxborough came in at 13.5. 54 total.

Draft saved Draft deleted