1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Supe XLII/42nd Large And Important American Football Game Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Re: Running 42nd Large And Important American Football Game Thread

I believe that time is correct. What I always root for is something that happened in one of the Bills' losses in the 1990s (I think it was the one to Washington). The Bills kicked off to their opponents, and it was a touchback. All the refs waved their arms, and made them re-kick it because they were a few seconds too early. The Bills did, and it was another touchback.

I always wondered what the reaction would have been if the Redskins would have run back that first kickoff to a TD, only to have it brought back because the kickoff didn't happen precisely at 6:18.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Go Pats.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hey, take that shit to another board. This site is only for those that hate the Patriots.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Roof will be closed all night.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I have no issue with people who like the Pats (hell, I'm rooting for them today), but some people's fanboi shit with that team is just over the top.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's absolutely a problem. Let's say your paper wants you to cover a Pats practice or presser or game. Could you write the story without it being draped in fanboiishness.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

If I can be captain obvious for a moment, I think the Giants have a chance if and only if they can make Brady move. If they can't he'll pick apart their banged up secondary. But if they do, they've got a shot, as they've already proven they can move the ball on the Pats' D-though I'm guessing they'll be more prepared this time 'round.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Like my friend SC, I don't care who roots for the Pats. And I don't care who wins tonight's game.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

What are you, on dope?

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Buffalo, baby.

12 oz. Frank's Red hot
    Couple ounces of red wine
    2/3 stick of butter
    Garlic salt
    Pepper
    Dash of lemon juice
    2 tbsp. sugar

Simmer for 10 mins, pour into a bowl, put wings in bowl and shake around. Voila.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Oh, I don't even really care who wins. I'll be rooting for the Patriots in very halfhearted fashion. The Pats are the only Boston team of which I am not a fanboi.

SC, pass some of that shit over here. If it's strong enough to make you cheer for NE today, I can only imagine what it'll do to me.

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It's been said but the pressure the Giants put on Brady is key. If New York can get Osi, Strahan, Tuck, etc. on him consistantly the Pats are in trouble. But the nice thing about Brady is his pocket presence is second to none -- he'll be thisclose to getting hammered, deftly shrug off a defender, and throw a 10 yard strike to Welker. And that O-Line is completely healthy and dominant, with three Pro Bowlers and another (Steve Neal) who plays like one.

Draft saved Draft deleted