1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Supe XLII/42nd Large And Important American Football Game Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Belichick ran on the field because the officials fucked up when they ran the clock out.
    He shook hands and during it, was told by the head official the game wasn't over. Belichick told him it didn't matter; if the NFL didn't have its head up its ass, it would have let the result stand and there would be no issue.
    With two seconds left, a sniper would have had to take out the Giants mid snap for the Pats to win. Since security was so tight, that wasn't happening.
    The Pats lost. The Giants' defense played better (Eli should not have been MVP; I would have given it to a defensive player) and deserved to win the game.
    But everyone would rather shit on Belichick.
    Yes, he's being an ass in many people's eye's at pressers; but he's doing what is asked of him - answering questions directly. If reporters stopped asked stupid questions that gives Belichick the opportunity to give answers us journalists hate to hear, then it wouldn't be an issue.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

did he film it before he went out and took a knee?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

really dude, i have nothing against you, but shut up ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miracle_at_the_Meadowlands

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I give. If that's what you want to take away from this game ... your loss.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you know you're just saying that. i know you aren't giving shit. ;)

6. KP

KP Active Member

Go check the playbook from that Washington game and look at when the last deep ball was thrown.
    He finished the drive and sat the last 8:58.

I think people would be making a far bigger deal (and rightfully so) of Belichick leaving the field if he never got to Coughlin. People saw he congratulated Coughlin so that's good enough for the average sportsfan. The FOX clock was run down to :00 so most thought the game was over (though the clock was fucked up all night). Also, it wasn't like Belichick was the only one on the field in the moment after the pass fell incomplete.

Plain and simple the Giants defensive line just kicked the shit out of the Patriots offensive line and gave Brady no time to find an open receiver and Belichick & Co. never made an adjustment to slow down their rush.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Damn solid post. ;)

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

oh god. diet dp and vodka, meet screen.

nice retort, my friend.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes, that's it. It must be the reporters' fault for asking stupid questions.

Shit man. You're in the field. You don't really fuckin believe that do you?

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

"House" picked up some more fans that stuck around after the game. Great episode. Mira Sorvino. Mmmmmm.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, we already know that Rhody is the biggest Belishit apologist this side of BostonBred, so I would think the fucking fanboilooser probably does believe that.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i heard she walked off set while the filming was wrapping up.

fuck her.

Draft saved Draft deleted