1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Supe XLII/42nd Large And Important American Football Game Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Feb 3, 2008.

1. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

Let the Belicheat ripping begin... Mariotti takes the first shot

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mariotti/775348,mariotti020408.article

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Was this run by Eli a fluke? Or has he really turned the corner as an NFL quarterback?

And will the Giants vanish from sight after this run of theirs?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

One more question, and he would have started rattling off his name/rank/serial number.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Who knows. I think most quarterbacks come into their own after having a few seasons' experience, so this run may be his coming out party. As far as the team, I see Strahan maybe retiring. Who else on the Giants would be of the age to call it quits?

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

The football gods are paying the Patsies back for Belichick cheating in the game and on his wife.
    Not only did they lose the title and the perfect season, their legacy is tarnished.
    And as a Dolphins fan, I am even more proud of that 1972 team.
    They're finally getting the attention they deserve after 35 years.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Boston coaches/managers love short pressers after gut-wrenching elimination losses. Grady Little's presser after Game Seven of the 2003 ALCS lasted two questions. Of course, it was because everyone knew he had no answers for the only question people had.

7. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

One could argue that the Pats win if Mr. Samuel doesn't miss an easy pick on the final scoring drive.

Oops. ;D

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It needed been one of the first questions asked. It's not like that asshole was expected to hang around any longer than five minutes.

Everyone in that room knew the dribbly pablum he would provide for any question asked, no matter how adroitly or pointedly it was framed.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

This bashing of Belichick over the handshake is just bullshit. Plenty of people were jumping all over the field thinking time had run out. He and Coughlin probably both wanted to get it out of the way before the final second ticked off and it became madness.
    Last year, Bill got bashed because there was no handshake (or a blowby of Dungy). This year, he's being defecated on because he did shake hands.
    Face it, some people just hate him. There's no use trying to please people who are going to attack him no matter what he does.

That's okay, Pats fans don't take it personally. Mercury Morris would probably be an asshat whether it was Cowboys or somebody else threatening his perfect season.

Even if he caught it, he wouldn't have come down in bounds.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I still can't fucking believe the Giants won.

11. KP

KP Active Member

Hard to believe that three guys (Mankins, Light and Koppen) on that offensive line that was totally manhandled were selected to the Pro Bowl. That was like watching a high school battle at the line of scrimmage between two mismatched teams. The lack of adjustments was simply stunning.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You and me both, pal. You and me both.

Draft saved Draft deleted