1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Studio 60 thread (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Re: Studio 60 premiere (spoilers)

She looked like Richard Pryor's kid to me, but I tuned out of WW after season 2, so I can't help you there.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Re: Studio 60 premiere (spoilers)

I think she was part of the Santos campaign, IIRC

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I kept saying I knew her from somewhere, but I was thinking either L&O or ER.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think you're correct.

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Great first episode. I recorded it and plan to watch it again in a couple of weeks (along with the next couple of episodes) to catch all of those little things that are normally missed while watching a Sorkin show the first time around.

I did notice that the graphics. . . especially the closing billboard with Sorkin and Schlamme's names. . . were identical to The West Wing. It felt great to watch a Sorkin production again, especially after TWW veered so far away from what it was under him.

This should be fun to watch because they should have an immense amount of material to select from.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

This is how I felt. I told Doc last night that I'll watch it because he really likes it, but for me, it's not going to be one of those shows I seek out every week to make sure I'm either watching or TIVOing. I have those shows (The Office, Earl, The Apprentice) but this will not be one of them. If I miss an episode, I'm not going to be overly upset.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

spup,

The Apprentice is still on your "must watch" list?

I watch more than my share of Reality crap, but I gave up on that show a few seasons ago... I'm not making fun of you, we all have our guilty pleasures...

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The Donald is my guilty pleasure. I want to see his hair fly off on a really windy day in L.A. this season. :) ;)

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I agree with whoever said this first show was underwhelming. I see potential, though, and will stick with it. Also, Amanda Peet was just horrible. Sorry for those who lust after her. But she had one tone of voice, one expression ... hell, I thought she belonged on Letterman's ventriloquist week on the lap of Willie Tyler.

Also, I watched it through my surround sound, and man the audio for the first half of the show was awful. Like listening to people talk in a vault.

This seems like a show people want to quickly say they like and is smart just so they can pat themselves on the back later.

I don't like Matthew Perry, but I thought he did a good job. I didn't watch the West Wing so I have no preconceived notions about Bradley Whitford, but I thought he was good, too. Timothy Busfield - good. I do worry they are going to make the ex-girlfriend some conservative pariah, but we'll see.

But really, the first episode was just OK. Still on my TiVo though.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

If you missed it last night (or screwed up your DVD recorder, like someone I know), you can got to NBC.com and see it.
    I liked it.
    I was a big SportsNight fan but never warmed up to West Wing, I like Matthew Perry, so I think I'm hooked.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And that reads like the comment on someone who wants to go against the grain, all while leaving the door open, to appear smarter than the average bear.

FWIW, I thought the lighting sucked, but had no problem with the audio.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sorkin and the actress playing her have said that won't be the case. Considering she was drinking alcohol and was in favor of doing the "Crazy Christians" skit that was axed, I'm thinking she won't be a one- or two-dimensional character.

Draft saved Draft deleted