1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Rangers in 6
    Sabres in 6
    Bruins in 5
    Lightning in 5
    Canucks in 7
    Sharks in 5
    Red Wings in 5
    Predators in 6

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I was wondering what they won as well.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Caps say Dennis Wideman is out for about another three weeks. That's what, mayyyyybe the end of Round 2? Most likely the conference finals, if they make it?

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Caps in 5
    Sabres in 6 (without Pronger, goalie problem is magnified)
    Bruins in 6
    Penguins in 6
    Canucks in 5
    Sharks in 6
    Coyotes in 7
    Ducks in 7

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

My predictions, no team will lose because the other team is better. It will be the refs fault, NHL front office conspiracies or injuries.

We will be visited by people who never show up here(Zag) and they will suddenly become experts on the game of hockey.

Crosby will be called a whiner, Luongo "unproven in the playoffs", Semin and Ovechkin gutless, the Sharks chokers and countless cliches spewed ad nauseam.

Enjoy the playoffs the best 2 months in sports.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

A little tougher to enjoy from here.

Versus is on the premium package with my satellite provider (Versus, premium? really???) and while I like the pucks, not shelling out the extra dough just for the NHL playoffs.

Oh, and the local paper stopped running box scores for hockey about a year and a half ago (despite having an NHL team in town--for now at least).

So, I'll probably be trying to make the most of catching a weekend game on NBC and then checking the box scores and recaps on the interweb, and coming here of course for the pithy, expert analysis. :D

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I have to work tonight, so I'll visit the thread much later after I watch the DVR recording of Caps-Rangers Game 1. ... That's if I can get the two Ranger fanbois on the copy desk to keep their friggin mouths shut tonight....

8. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

My Versus channel is premium as well... bunch of bullshit. I'm hoping CBC will show plenty of games, even though only two Canadian teams are in. Hockey is their sport, though, so I don't see why they shouldn't.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

because TSN is showing the other matchups up here. We will get every series.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

CBC has Lightning-Penguins, Coyotes-Red Wings, Canadiens-Bruins, Blackhawks-Canucks. TSN has the other series.

Versus primary series are Coyotes-Red Wings, Rangers-Capitals, Blackhawks-Canucks and Kings-Sharks and then will show games from other series when there are not scheduling conflicts. Versus has national exclusivity, so NHL Network can't show an alternate game at the same time. But other series can be seen on regional outlets liks MSG, FSN, etc. Tonight, Versus is starting with Red Wings and then switching to Caps-Rangers time permitting.

The staggered start times will allow for live look-ins during intermissions and such.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Well when you're from WNY you tend to pull for the Sabres..

The team is good, not sure if they're good enough to take the series if Pronger plays tho.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Caps would be up 2-0 after the first period if the cross bar was about three inches higher off the ground. I consider that reasons for optimism.

Draft saved Draft deleted