1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Do enjoy some of the Sabre love on this board. Miller got a healthy break towards the end (yeah yeah, upper body injury) and this team won its last four to secure a spot. Bring on Philly and its weak goaltending. And if Miller brings the suck, stick Enroth in - he did a pretty damn good job.

Can't wait to see Briere welcomed with 'Boos' at HSBC.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

After the Leafs, Buffalo is my favourite team.

Ryan Miller can win this series. He was hands down the best goalie in the Olympic tournament.

So, as someone who's hated the Flyers since the Broad Street Bullies era, fuck Phillie and Go Sabres!

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Sabres could be the surprise team in the east.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And the surprise team in the West could be the Preds.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, but that Nashville-Anaheim series is a toss-up. I know Nashville has never won a playoff series, I think they've never won a road playoff game.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Why this year, of all years, should one have faith in the Sharks? After the biggest collapse job since Pamela Anderson's plastic surgeon when they won the Campbell Cup two years ago, I stopped following regular season hockey, and last year, got interested in the playoff again, but then they disappeared vs. the Blackhawks.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Well, well. Everyone is on the Sabres bandwagon all of the sudden. Interesting.

8. Johnny Chase

Johnny Chase Member

They won at the United Center in game one of the first round last year.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Not me. Ryan Miller is a beast, and maybe he steals one series. But they're lacking in a lot of other areas.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I do enjoy watching Jason Pominville play.

11. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Caps over Rangers in 4 -- This is the perfect matchup for the Caps, regardless of regular season results. The Rangers will struggle to score, and Washington won't let its foot off the gas. Plus, I do like Neuvirth. There doesn't appear to be any Jim Carey in him, and this series, facing a team without effective snipers, will do plenty for his confidence.

Flyers over Sabres in 6 -- Way too much support for the Sabres here. The Flyers, when playing well, are the best team in the East. Yes, they've struggled down the stretch, but I think after splitting the first two in Philly they will get their game together and wear down the smaller Sabres.

Bruins over Habs in 7 -- Montreal's mystique -- and its crowd's ability to influence the game at Bell Centre -- is the only reason it gets this far. Boston is just better.

Lightning over Penguins in 6 -- My heart tells me Penguins, but my gut says they can't score enough to win. Love the work ethic and the confidence, but Tampa has the talent edge and isn't as inexperienced in playoff situations as some people are saying. I could also see Pens in 5 if they hold serve at home in Games 1 and 2.

Canucks over Blackhawks in 5 -- Chicago has been disappointing for much of the season, and couldn't even put a good game together on the final day against an opponent playing for absolutely nothing. Vancouver gets the job done.

Sharks over Kings in 5 -- No Kopitar kills the Kings. Games will all be competitive, but Sharks talent shines through with two OT wins.

Red Wings over Coyotes in 6 -- Coyotes have to play too perfectly to win four out of seven against a veteran team like Detroit.

Ducks over Predators in 7 -- Can't pick the Preds, even though I want to. Rinne will need to be fantastic, and if he is, they probably win. But Ducks have been there, done that, and played so well down the stretch. This, though, will be the end of the line for them.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

When they won the what?

Draft saved Draft deleted