1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SJ.com NCAA Football 10 online dynasty thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery Meat II, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm starting to no like NCAA 10. It's very, very laggy when going through the playbook. It's starting to feel sluggish gameplay-wise and I still hate the camera angle. NCAA 09 just seems to run smoother and faster. But, that's just my own opinion.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Off-topic: sorry I bounced out on your Xbox Live party, Mad. I was getting ready to go to bed when the invite came across.

3. Madhavok

It's OK. I couldn't figure out how to invite you for a quick 9-hole unranked match. But then, I think I got it but you bounced. No worries !

4. Madhavok

*Bump*
    If no one had their mind set on Kentucky, I'd like to go with the Wildcats. I think the school is a C+ by the grades on the front page of this thread.

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

You still having issues? Has it gotten any better?

6. Madhavok

The recruiting aspect of the game isn't the best IMO. I feel EA took a few steps back with the layout and look of the game in terms of looking at stats, recruiting, depth chart, etc. It just feels cheesy. I LOVED the way recruiting was done in 09; nice and simple. No need to go through various hoops to do a phone call and find the pitches. In '10 I have to go through a few things just to make the call and honestly, I want my recruiting for that week done in three minutes, not fifteen. Maybe I'm lazy, but I'm simulating my recruiting until I need to actually land players.

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I meant in terms of the lagginess, but I get what you're saying about the recruiting.

It's like their version of updating a game is adding all the extras and changing that stuff every year. I went years without playing the game and came back to find the mechanics of playing a game were damn near exactly the same.

All the extras just feel so unnecessary. I haven't done anything but dynasty. And yeah, I want to beat you guys to a pulp, but I'm not going to pay extra to get a leg up in recruiting. I'm not that desperate to feel good about myself. (Well, I am, but I'm poor.)

8. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Had an idea:

You guys up to start a "holding pattern" league in NCAA 10 until we kick off our official dynasty? It would be parallel to our 09 dynasty, and wouldn't take anything away from it.

Once we're ready to start the new dynasty when our 09 run is over, we switch on over.

Anyone up for it? I wouldn't mind running it...

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not a bad idea. Maybe this one could be a Teambuilder dynasty, since there were some people who weren't necessarily fond of that idea.

You can run this one and I'll do the one where we pick real teams.

10. Madhavok

This could be fun. But yeah, this would be just for us to do until our 09 dynasty is done and then have Hank start up the official 10 dynasty.

11. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

I like that idea. I'm down for TeamBuilder.

12. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Damn, you guys are going to make me buy it now. I was the one pushing for teambuilder. Everyone else hated the idea!

Draft saved Draft deleted