1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SJ.com NCAA Football 10 online dynasty thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery Meat II, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I just started an offline dynasty with Auburn and played La. Tech and it wasn't pretty for LT. Looks like I'll quit that one and start one up with UCLA. I'd go with Syracuse but that could take a loooong time to build up.

2. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Haha, seriously.

My Team Builder dynasty is really fun right now. I imported about 10 created teams and scattered them throughout the land, and then changed some conferences around. The Mountain West is considerably better now, as is the WAC and, surprisingly, the Sun Belt.

3. Madhavok

I haven't even tried that. Maybe tomorrow night when I get out of work. It looks interesting to say the least.

4. RecentAZgrad

Named rosters, and their variations. (Note: I'm only basing this on how well they edited Arizona :))

pastapadre: Decent. But starting QB wrong, as well as other assorted starters.
    lanteri87: Starting QB correct; a few numbers are off. Guys who graduated or were kicked off also present.
    blocko: PS3, no idea.
    gatorbait2006nc: PS3, no idea.

Of course, our best option might be taking one of these rosters, making it more accurate, and then using that as the basis for our dynasty. I don't mind doing that, so long as we can come to a consensus as to what the best roster is out there right now.

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

So I'm into the opening weeks of my second year of my '10 offline dynasty, and I have one concern:

Every single conference game is at the exact same place it was the previous year. Washington has USC, Oregon, Wazzu and Cal at home; UCLA, Arizona State and Oregon State are on the road.

I truly do like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but if EA fucked this up, it would be a monumental oversight.

I didn't pluck down $60 to never play at Pullman or Eugene (tho I'm happy to play USC every year at home).

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Wait and see what happens in year 3.

We had this in our 09 dynasty, in that Jake came to the Big House two years in a row. The third year I went to Champaign.

In further discussion, some college beat writers posted that schedule contracts are in two-year increments, so it is possible to go to the same place twice.

Example: Contract 1: Michigan goes to Illinois, then hosts Illinois in year 2. Contract 2: Michigan hosts Illinois then travels to Champaign.

But yea you're right, EA could have just fucked it up too. Wouldn't be the first time they fucked with the NCAA franchise.

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

OK, will do.

I did consider the contract aspect of it, but it seemed really unusual that my entire conference schedule would be exactly the same. So that set off alarm bells.

I will hurry to win with Washington, advance to the '11 season and report back.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Yea, I don't remember the rest of my schedule that year. Just remember two straight years hosting Illinois.

I'm still tinkering with who I want to start a dynasty with in NCAA 10. Haven't played that much with it. I usually pick a random team.

One year it was Navy, because I wanted to run the option. With no bowl tie-in though, I quickly left for Colorado State.
    Next year, I started with Rutgers and never left because I kept getting great recruiting classes. Even got the Knights into the ACC.

Toying with starting a Texas A&M dynasty for 10, mainly because I haven't really done a Big 12 one.

9. RecentAZgrad

Texas A&M destroys things in NCAA '10. They just rocked my created team 52-10 or something like that.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hmm, that's a little surprising. They seemed kind of average in their grades. Mostly B- I think.

11. Madhavok

Yeah, it always seems Texas A&M and Clemson are in the top 5. All the time.

12. RecentAZgrad

Yeah, sorry, I should clarify: It's three years down the road and they're A+ all over the board. Mad's right about Clemson, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted