1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SJ.com NCAA '11 online dynasty thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecentAZgrad, Jul 13, 2010.

1. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Hmm, that's weird. In my first-ever offline dynasty game, I had six guys go down with injuries, and each one had a little deal that popped up at the bottom of the screen. (I also had nine turnovers in the game, and trailed UTEP (!) 35-0 in the first half. Of course, I'm also playing with a D+ team that I made in TeamBuilder, but man, this game seems to be a little bit more difficult than '10 was.)

Gasp!

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Hm. I know they did last year. Not this year, huh?

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

My first game with NC State went about as expected -- pulled away for a 38-10 win against Akron. I didn't find it super difficult, but I was playing with a much better team on the default setting.

Probably going with NC State for the dynasty, but I want to give Wake and Kentucky a quick ride before I make up my mind, and possibly Virginia.

4. nufan_78

nufan_78 New Member

Looking forward to playing 11. I'm on an every-other-year rotation with sports games, so I missed out on 10.

Going to try and buy it this weekend ... at the very latest next weekend.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You didn't miss much with '10.

Oh and I just thought of another reason I like Nevada. They have a FB with 89 speed. A FULLBACK!!! (Although now that I think about it, I didn't check his size, so maybe he's a FB in HB clothes).

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Even so, Hank. His blocking attributes will much, much better than a halfback moved to fullback (if that's the case).

7. Simon

Simon Active Member

I think there's nothing more that I hate than playing online video games.

Why doesn't EA install a fair play system? It turns defense into a 4-down game with everyone and their brother going for it every time. Also, the onside kick abuse in this year's game is ridiculous. It's not even real football.

8. JakeandElwood

How long were the 4th downs?

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Team Update:

Az: Arizona
    Az bro 1: Colorado
    Az bro 2: Houston
    Simon: Maryland
    Meat: N.C. State, Virginia, Kentucky, Wake Forest and Louisville
    Hank: Nevada
    NUFan78: Washington State, Fresno State and San Diego State
    Jake: Baylor
    Hustle: UCLA
    Storm:
    Madhavok: Syracuse, Buffalo, Kentucky
    JoJo: Purdue

Who has the game so far?

This is who I know for sure: Az, Az bro 1, Az bro 2, Simon, Meat, Hank, Mad, Hustle and Jake.

Unsure: Storm, Jojo, NUfan.

I'll probably get around to sending invites out by mid-week, maybe playing games by the weekend.

10. Simon

Simon Active Member

4th and 8, 4th and 7 on own 33, 4th and 6...They're all long. I don't mind the 4th and 4's or less past your own 40 yard line. They just use their glitchy play. No one wants to play football.

11. JoJo

JoJo Member

I've got the game. Been trying to get used to playing with Purdue.

12. JakeandElwood

Ah, ok I'm with you then. If you minded less than 4th and 4 from beyond my own 40 you probably wouldn't like playing me :D.

Draft saved Draft deleted